(1) President Abraham Lincoln, who had depression
(2) Writer Virginia Woolf, who had bipolar disorder
(3) Artist Vincent Van Gogh, who had bipolar disorder
(4) Writer Sylvia Plath, who had depression
(5) Mathematician John Nash (from A Brilliant Mind), who had schizophrenia
Inspired by this post
and millions of mentally ill people who aren’t famous or brilliant but deserve care and respect
Most humans are never fully present in the now, because unconsciously they believe that the next moment must be more important than this one. But then you miss your whole life, which is never not now.
Run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious.